Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The End of an Era

It’s funny how people mark the end of an era. Take my best friend from high school for instance. When I was in Israel she was in the UK, she told me she wasn’t coming back to SA and I cried like my world was ending. She did come and for a short while things were “like old times”. Then Wikus came along and Natalie spent more time with him then her friends. I spent so long trying to put us back to how we used to be, complaining about how things had changed because she was dating Wik. We stopped working at the same place and slowly started seeing less of each other. I didn’t see her for about a year and when I did I realized that although she had changed entirely so had I. She just didn’t fit into my life anymore.

Craig is another one. My first time was with Craig and that turned into a 5 year fuck buddy relationship. I would call him when I felt like a shag and visa versa. If we were free we would shag. When my cell phone was stolen the first time I did my best to get his number again and when he sms’d me I was so happy, this time my phone was stolen, I have made no attempt to get his number and he hasn’t sms’d me and you know what? I don’t care; I don’t want that kind of relationship anymore.

It’s funny how people mark the end of an era; it’s always the important ones. The ones you obsessed over. The ones you were going to love forever, be best friends with forever, need forever. They just don’t fit anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home