Thursday, December 22, 2005

...that free food tastes better


So a couple of weeks ago I complained to Nando’s that the Milnerton branch was just not up to scratch. What sent me on this complaint was that I had gone through on a lunch run at about 11. They told me they were closed because they were in a staff meeting and they would be open in 20 minutes. I waited till 11:30 and went back. I got told they were only opening at 12. So I asked to speak to the manager and expressed my disgust at the fact that they don’t have their staff meetings _before_ opening time. I got a patronizing and sarcastic response.

So I complained about that, and I complained about the meager amount and he bad quality of chicken livers in a chicken liver started. I get a call the next day. “Hi is this Hila? This is Sean the manager from Nando’s Milnerton and I would like to apologise for the way I treated you. I would also like to invite you for a meal at Nando’s, come in any time and ask for Sean.” So I used my Friday “lunch break” (I don’t actually get a lunch break, I normally just eat while I work) and Sean wasn’t there.

The manager in charge that day called him and I spoke to him. He apologised for not telling me to call to check if he was there and told the manager to give me any meal I wanted and told me that I must come in again and he will treat me to the meal he promised.

Today I decided to cash in that meal since I slept over at Jack’s, who has no food in his house and therefore I couldn’t pack a lunch. Went to Nando’s, saw Sean, and ordered my started livers and a burger meal. Said I wanted it take away and Sean protested, so I said I would have the starter there and the rest take away. Longest it’s ever taken me to eat a starter chicken livers, he talked… a lot. But hey, he paid for the meal so he can at least get that.

Just finished the burger and I will eat the chips a little later but yum that was nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home