Thursday, March 16, 2006

…I really don’t time for this


Well I don’t. I am working part time, studying in some of the other time and I have no internet connection at home. I blame the trees for that. Well the wireless companies did so I can too. We cannot receive wireless internet because there are too many trees…apparently.  So we are going to have to sell our souls to telskum if we are going to have any internet but if we don’t hurry up the lease will be over before the line is installed.

In other news the insurance company officially wrote off my car yesterday. For those who don’t know…here is a flashback. Friday the 24th of February was a busy day for me. I went to college, fetched Beth, went to get our hair straightened, went to Canal Walk then to Durbanville for The Fey’s birthday thingy. Then took Beth to Obs for her birthday thingy. Drove to sea point only to be told that the plans for coffee and snacks in sea point had been cancelled and due to lack of airtime it was emailed not sms’d to those participating that it was cancelled. So I left thinking “great I can now go to Beth’s birthday thingy” didn’t make it that far. Driving towards the N1 I went through an intersection, my light was green, from the waterfront side a silver Audi’s confused driver thought the lights in the middle of the intersection, being green, were signaling him to carry on and completely missed the fact that the lights on his side of the intersection, being red, were signaling him to stop. So straight through he goes, chasing the green lights straight into my car. My ABS worked, till the cable snapped because of the angle he hit my tire into, the airbags worked, and I came out safe and sound. My car came out with: Snapped break cable, broken axle, crumbled fender, scraped left front and left rear doors, broken hubcap, bend bonnet, bent valance, dented engine cover, broken grill, broken bonnet, pierced gearbox…you get it, it farked. So now I get a new car…which would be way more exciting if my car wasn’t only 4 months old.

That was a really long paragraph, but wait there is more to the story.

So the guy who crashed into me apologised profusely admitting guilt to me and the police officer. When it came to the insurance bit he told his Ins. Company that _I_ ran the red light he was going through amber (apart from the sever lack of logic as to why I would go through a red light in the middle of a red light, when my lights hadn’t _just_ changed etc) because his ins. policy states he cannot admit to guilt, sucks to be him because I have a copy of the accident report and guess what? “Driver A: He admitted he missed the light first” The English isn’t so lekker (;p) but the point is there. You cannot change a statement made on the scene of a crime. Jacob Zuma is in the same sorta shit.

Ok now that story is finished.

In other news. My parents finally met Jacktar. My dad first, breakfast at the Garden’s Center, then my mother, supper at Il Postecino in sea point (divine Italian food). My dad reckons he is a very nice guy if not a little too old and a little too goi for my but he wasn’t surprised by the goi part. He knows I don’t care about that so he is just happy I am happy. My mother said “He’s Sweet” which either means she really liked him or my father to keep her mouth shut and not say anything nasty. Who knows, don’t really care.

Work is driving me mad. We don’t have a receptionist so the work is being split up. The foreman is on leave and the driver/assistant admin decided to take sick. All in all I have precious little time. My days are also halved because of college and I have that work to do. I have to work on the 21st but its being exchanged for the 28th of April. So we can have a long weekend then. Jacktar and I might just go away for the weekend. It means Samhain won’t be on the 29th but we often don’t stick to the dates. I need a holiday and a 5 day holiday where leave is not required to be taken for it is a bonus.

That’s it for this installment. If people want to hear about anything in specific just tell me, I will post again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home