Tuesday, April 04, 2006

...this is a _wonderful_ country


Really! A country where you can tell a cop he is a liar or tell woman they deserve to be raped if they wear a g-string. A country where the people in power regards HIV and AIDS as dangerous as the common cold or can lie in court about Zulu cultural laws.

I am sure most people have waxed lyrical about the Zuma case on their blogs. “I knew there was only a slim chance that I could contract HIV from a woman”. If that’s what a former deputy president is thinking, what does it say for HIV/AIDS education in this country? If it’s true about him not being “allowed” to leave her wanting according to Zulu tradition (and some of my sources say otherwise) then he should have bloody well gone to the corner café and bought a box of rubbers. They are not that difficult to come by (or come in for that matter). When last did he get tested? Maybe he hasn’t contracted HIV from her but if he is HIV positive he runs a risk of compounding her current infection.

Leading from that is his throng of aggressive and obviously uneducated supporters. “Women who wear these [g-string] deserve to be raped” Are we in the fucking stone age? Do people have to constantly prove that despite the façade this is still very much a 3rd world country? Besides the fact that Zuma’s accuser was apparently not wearing any underwear at the time, so how does this apply?

As for calling cops liars. That comes from my wonderful friend who crashed into my car and apologised so beautifully and humbly on the scene of the crime. He is calling the cop that wrote down his statement and filled out the accident report a liar. That he did not at any time admit to running the light. Fine call me a liar (you little piss fucker) but the cop? Have you no shame! No respect for authority?? It’s not as if the cop had anything to gain by blaming you so why would he randomly decide to write that down. Like I would randomly decide to go through an already red light, not a changing one, a red one, which had been red for a while. I really want to call the moron and tell him where to shove his antenna but that might hurt my case a little. That’s fine I have more power then he can imagine, because I have an unrelated witness. Some one who happened to be at the right place at the right time? Not a friend of mine, hell we come from very different worlds, I want to see him call him a liar too. If this goes to court he is screwed 5 ways from Sunday because my father is willing to take this that far to teach this SOB a lesson.

To top it all off I was disappointed with last nights “thunderstorm”. It was there and then gone and unless you lived far over on the boerewors side of the curtain that’s all you got. Bleh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home