Monday, April 10, 2006

...bad donk! No Fruin!


It was a regular Friday morning. I was sitting at my eMac at college checking what was new on darklight and darkside when I saw a sad little post by Cacey about her not being able to get to PE for her son’s 15th so you know what I did? I volunteered to take her. I honestly didn’t give it too much thought, I just volunteered. If I had thought about it a bit longer I probably would have called myself insane while waiting for her to pick up the phone, but I still woulda dunnit.

So Friday night came and went, underworld was pretty, but not _shiney_. Major glitches and matrix rip offs and I wish they would have digitally mastered the eyes so you could actually _see_ they were wearing contacts.

Saturday morning arrived and while Jacktar went to the airport to drop some people off I went home, cleared my car and then packed for the journey. Picked Cacey up and then went to fetch Jacktar. Was the same usual drive to the 1stop and I handled that. From there Jack drove till we reached a nice little farm stall called “The Blue Crane”. The products were wonderful (if not a little expensive) and they ranged from loads of different honeys to lavender syrup. The shop owner herself was not what you would expect from a farm stall outside of Swellendam. She saw my pentacle and went all Wiccan on us. She plans on dancing under the full moon sky clad so that she can look as youthful as Cacey. Apart from that she was really nice and let us pick some Greek chilies (will dry them out and grow them).

From there I drove through what was definitely the worst part of the road. For a lot of the way it was fine till you reach Wilderness. From there they are doing road works all the way to knysna. What would normally be a 120 zone is 60 and keeping that speed (‘cause you know if there is a temp sign up they definitely have cameras and they were there) was very difficult with several people driving up my bum. Most of them were in a rush to kill themselves, crossing over yellow lines and into on coming traffic.

We stopped in Knysna for a bite to eat. Went to 360° South. The service was slow (although we were in a hurry which may have compounded the issue) Cacey and I had a croissant with turkey, mayo and emmental which was really good and I didn’t even get to see what Jack’s Ouma bread with pastrami and cheese and salad looked like before he swallowed it.

The rest of the trip through plett (which is huge and they play polo there) and the garden route was beautiful, we even got detoured and 1 part where they force you to take the round way route which was great because you could see J-bay from up high, it was beautiful.

We arrived at the huge house where in Cacey’s parents and son live and went inside quickly to change. Then we bundled into a little freelander and went to YinThai. The food = wonderful, the company = wonderful, the service = crap. They had 1 waiter for 6 tables. A tiny buffet and no management. Didn’t help any that I was very sleepy and nicotine deprived.

Desert was disappointing and the hot jasmine water (over diluted jasmine green tea) didn’t help. On the way back in the little freelander I fell asleep, which felt good. Got back to the house and climbed into the very white crinkly clean bed and slept…well not so good. Woke up and had a shower, got out the shower and had a foot bath. The bath was built badly. So the water kept flowing off the side onto the floor not into the bath and getting out was an extreme sport because the bath was a lot higher then the floor. At least there was hot water.

Had an interesting breakfast of cereal, tea and scrambled eggs in the microwave. Don’t sea the point really; they come out so much better in a pan with some butter and a fork. *shrug*

We set off around 10:30 and took a nice leisurely drive back to home. Stopping off in Knysna, where we went to the spur this time. REALLY good food. The salad valley was wonderful and the steak was perfect. We then set off again, again I drove though the construction part and again I had idjits who expected me to drive in the yellow line while there were pedestrians everywhere. If they wanted to put themselves in a coffin or a cell that was their prerogative and I returned their zaps with zest. Sometimes I wish I had a big neon sign over my car or a loudspeaker like the traffic cops have and tell people exactly what I think about them and their driving; most times I know this would be a very bad idea. We stopped off in riversdale at the wimpy and got a cool mixy cup thingy. It rocks!

We got back to Cape Town at around 8 and dropped Cacey off at home. Went back to Jacks and went to sleep. I slept… A little better. It’s those damn moaning whores I am sure of it.

Had sex for breakfast and my day started off great. I have now killed a Lindt Gold bunny and left some for my honey bunny and I still have loads of chocolate to work through…yay :)

oh and here are the pics

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

UPDATE YOUR BLOG!!!! and yes i did get the pictures, u can have them. the shoes that is...can u believe that in a month u are gonna see me??? and wat the hell a random trip to pe..what were u thinjing, keep me updated on the whole flat thing....miss u

5/06/2006 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home